I’m so glad to be through the Gryphon block I hadn’t wanted to stitch on it for a little while because I knew that at some point I would have to deal with the initials. The problem was that the letter N took up a lot of space so I had to adapt things quite a lot in order to fit it in. The main part was the border enclosing the block, once I reach the letter it’s only one stitch wide but I did put in a couple of extra stitches to follow the shape of the backstitching and I think that it works.
The first gryphon was on page 7 and took quite a lot of stitching (yes I’m working this row backwards I wanted to stitch the pegasus on page 8) so I knew what to expect with the second one and it seemed to work up a lot quicker.
The vertical border motif worked better once I broke it down into sections. I did the middle part first and then worked on each side. The next page that I stitch is just alphabet, I hope that it will stitch up quickly but my goal for that is to have it finished by the end of April